The Department is also responsible for gathering and organizing accounting information, reporting financial information and making recommendations to management.
Finally, the Finance Department provides managerial, analytical and administrative support to all departments and is responsible for the management and direction of:
Fiscal Year 2023 Meetings
- September 7, 2022 at 1:30 PM: City Council Meeting
- September 7, 2022 at 5:15 PM: Tentative Budget Hearing
- September 14, 2022 at 6 PM: Final Budget Hearing
- September 21, 2022 at 7 PM: City Council Meeting
The meetings are held in City Hall Council Chambers, located at 120 East Main Street, Apopka, FL 32703. These meetings are live streamed on the City of Apopka's YouTube Channel.
- City of Apopka Fiscal Year 2023 Budget for Tentative Budget Hearing on September 7, 2022.
- City of Apopka Meeting Agendas & Packets
For meeting details, visit our Agenda & Minutes page.
Previous Meetings for Fiscal Year 2023
The Finance Department institutes and operates a governmental accounting system that provides financial information to both external users and internal management.
This information is used to monitor the expenditure of public funds and to ensure that the financial transactions of the City are conducted in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements and City policy.
Accounting is responsible for functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, capital budget reporting and financial reporting which includes preparations of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.