What is required of Non-residential Sewer Users?

The City’s Sewer Use Ordinance requires non-residential users who have the potential to produce oil and grease and or grit, that are connected to the City’s sanitary collection system to have and maintain an oil and grease trap, an interceptor, an oil and water separator, and/or a grit and water separator. Additionally, the City requires that all facilities be permitted or registered to discharge to the POTW. Permitted and registered facilities will be subject to random inspections to ensure effluent standards of compliance are being met. It is the responsibility of each facility to ensure that their trap/interceptors/separators are being pumped and maintained properly to remain in compliance with the Ordinance.

Show All Answers

1. What is a grease trap?
2. What is required of Non-residential Sewer Users?
3. What are oil and grease interceptors and oil and water separators?
4. When should these units be emptied?
5. How does the Oil and Grease Management Program work?
6. What happens to Users that do not comply with the OGMP?
7. Who do I contact with other questions about grease management?