These helpful website to serve before and after a hurricane.
- Sign up for Apopka’s Alert Center: Emergency Management Alerts.
- Visit www.apopka.net/AlertCenter for all City updates.
- Visit Ready.gov/hurricanes for actions to take in the event of a hurricane warning or alert in your area.
- Visit www.orangecountyfl.net/EmergencySafety to view Orange County’s Emergency Management page for all things related to the storm in Orange County, Florida.
- Visit www.nhc.noaa.gov to monitor any weather updates from the National Hurricane Center.
- Visit https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/hurricanes/covid-19/prepare-for-hurricane.html for how to prepare for hurricane season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visit Orange County’s Storm Recovery Assistance page to find local and federal disaster recovery resources.
Hurricane Season & COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have some special tips to help prepare for hurricane season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies.
- Prepare a "go kit" that includes hand sanitizer and/or soap and two cloth face coverings per person.
- Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, as they relate to COVID-19.
- Follow social distancing and other CDC recommendations if you need to check on your neighbors and friends.
- Continue to follow preventative actions, like washing hands and wearing a face covering.
- Contact your medical provider if you are injured or ill, for treatment recommendations. Remember, accessing medical care may be more difficult than usual during the pandemic.