The City of Apopka is committed to providing a safe, efficient and productive work environment for all employees and encourages personal health.
It is the policy of the City to ensure that its workplaces and premises are free of illegal drugs and alcohol by prohibiting the use, possession, purchase, distribution, sale or presence in the body system of illegal drugs or alcohol, or the abuse of legal drugs by its employees.
The policy is applicable while employees are engaged in any work-related activity, regardless of location, which includes performance of City business during regularly scheduled or off-schedule work hours, meal breaks and/or attendance at outside social functions having a connection with work or the representation of the government.
- Abuse of any legal drug
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Presence of an illegal drug or alcohol in the body system
- Reporting to work or working while impaired by the use of a legal drug
- Reporting to work under the influence of an illegal drug or alcohol
- The unlawful possession, use, manufacture or distribution of illegals drugs
Employees who are found to be in violation of the provisions of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.