Welcome to the Apopka Fire Department. The Fire Department is rated by ISO as a Class 1 Department. This puts the Apopka Fire Department in the top 0.09% of the country.
Fire Administration Staff
Apopka Fire Administration Staff boasts:
9 Full-Time Staff Including:
- Command Staff of 6:
- Chief of Department
- Division Chief of Emergency Medical Services
- Division Chief of Suppression
- Division Chief of Training
- Division Chief of Life Safety
- Captain / Fire Inspector
- Civilian Personnel of 3
- Administrative Assistant to the Fire Chief
- Secretary II
- Quality Assurance Specialist
Fire Line Personnel
Apopka Fire Department Line Personnel boasts:
- 126 Full-Time Firefighters Including
- 6 District Chiefs
- 21 Lieutenants
- 21 Engineers
- 78 Firefighters
- 15 Fire Explorers
Apopka Fire Department also has a host of the latest technological and state-of-the-art equipment available to the Fire and EMS Services.
The Fire Administration Division is responsible for all operations of the organization. Headed by Fire Chief Sean Wylam, the duties include:
- Preparation and control of the operating budget.
- Administration of fire data processing (NFIRS).
- Provision of in-service training and education.
- Emergency Medical Services.
- Continued evaluation of the department and its function.