Apopka Police Department 911 Dispatch Positions Now Available
with starting pay at $21.84 + (Based on Experience)
Apply today to become a Communication Technician in the City of Apopka 911 Communication Center.
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus with Pay Range of $21.84 to $35.49
Employees receive annual revaluations, merit increases of up to 6% are based on job performance.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Full-time employees in their first year of employment accrue PTO at the rate of 1.38 hours per week
- Full-time employees who have completed one year of employment accrue PTO at the rate of 2.77 hours per week.
- Employees who have served five years or more with the City receive additional PTO benefits
- After 5 Years: 16 Hours
- After 10 Years: 32 Hours
- After 15 Years: 48 Hours
- After 20 Years: 64 Hours
- After 25 Years: 80 Hours
- Pension Plan
- A health and wellness center is provided at no cost for employees and their dependents covered under the City’s health insurance policy providing general medical care, prescription medications, lab work, x-rays, etc.
- A $30,000 life insurance policy with and additional $30,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy is provided for each employee, paid 100% by the City. Additional coverage available.
- The employee health premium is paid 100% by the City. Coverage for dependent health is available. Dental insurance is available. Limited routine eye exams and discounted hardware are included in the health insurance. A separate, more comprehensive vision plan is available.
- Employee Assistance Program provided at no cost to the employee.
The City of Apopka is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status.